- 450 grams of beef mince (ground beef)
- 750-100g of your favorite type/shape of Italian
- 4 cloves garlic, medium to large
- 2.5 tablespoons oregano (possibly more, depending on
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 400g cans stewed tomatoes
- 1L passata (strained tomatoes)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced finely
This is too easy!
When the leftovers cool, put them
in the fridge, and microwave for lunch and supper in the coming
days. (If you have kids, some of this may disappear from the
fridge on its own.)
- Place all ingredients except the
noodles into a very large
metal cooking pot, and stir to consistency (first crush the garlic
using a garlic press.) Cook on low heat, until the mixture has
been bubbling gently for about 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is
cooking, boil 750-1000g of your favorite type of Italian noodles.
When just past al dente,
drain and set aside in a separate covered pot.
- While the sauce is still
(afterthe 20 minute mark above), add the noodles, and stir in.
Allow all to cook together for another 5 minutes.
- Serve, possibly with salad and garlic bread
on the side