- One large potato or two medium potatoes
- Small yellow onion
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
- If you will be serving with sausage, bacon
or mushrooms, first fry those in a large pan, preferably in olive oil.
- After the meat is cooked, remove from pan,
leaving as much oil as possible in the pan, and set the the meat aside
in a covered container.
- Peel and dice the potatoes into small
cubes, preferably 1/2 inch or less.
- Peel and then chop the onion, into very
- Put the frying pan, with leftover oil from
the cooking of the meat, on high heat. Add the diced potatoes and
chopped onions, along with the Italian seasoning, salt and black
pepper. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Mix the contents of the pan well, stirring
and turning frequently, until the potato cubes begin to brown around
the edges, and become soft (but not so soft the entire mixture turns to
- Remove the contents of the pan and place
onto serving plates, or a covered container for later serving.
- If you will be serving fried eggs, fry them
now in the same pan, with the same oil from the meat/mushrooms and
- Serve the potatoes, meat/mushrooms and eggs