- 500-750g of your favorite kind of macaroni (I prefer elbow)
- 1 tsp Lawry's Garlic Salt
(though you can make do
with other brands as well)
- Any meat-based leftovers you may have, or
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- Boil the
noodles. When just past al
dente, drain and set aside.
your largest skillet (preferably teflon-lined) and melt the butter in
it. Alternatively, use a large cooking pot (again, teflon-lined
- Place the noodles into the
skillet and mix in the garlic salt. (if
you are using plain (non-Lawry's) garlic salt, also add 1/2 teaspoon of
- If you have leftovers, particularly meat or
sausage, add these in as well.
- Fry the noodles on fairly
high heat, stirring and turning constantly, until they start to get
brown around the edges.
- Ready to serve, alone or with hotdogs,
sausage, or other meat/veg as you prefer. (By now, the garlic & butter aroma may
already have brought at least one child into the kitchen :)
- Save any remainder and fry/microwave again
in the coming days.
Speaking of Lawry's Garlic Salt... a dash of it mixed in with some
eggs and a little milk makes delicious scrambled eggs. Another
item that kids seem to like!