- 2 lbs cubed goat meat
- 3/4 cup barley
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 to 3 chopped carrots
- 2 to 3 stalks chopped celery
- 2 29-oz cans diced tomatoes, or 4 large ripe
tomatoes chopped small
- 3 to 4 large cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients above to a large crock
pot, except for the goat meat.
- Wash the goat meat under cold water. Be VERY
CAREFUL as you can cut your hands on the edges of the bone.
- Add the meat to the crock pot. Mix all
- Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours / overnight.
- Be VERY CAREFUL
when eating, due to the small, sharp bone fragments which may be
Based on the following
original recipe: http://www.naturalark.com/goatmeatrecipe.html